Do you also want to enjoy watching high-definition TV but can’t afford the high prices of cable or satellite, every month? Well, you can still have the joy of watching Television by setting up an antenna which can be the perfect solution for your needs. Choosing the right type of antenna and deciding what to buy is a task in itself. To help you with it, we are here with our best suggestions and a guide to make this task easier for you.
The first question that would come to our mind would be “Why a TV Antenna?”
Reasons to add a TV Antenna
If you’ve never used an antenna before, there are several good reasons to give it a try now:
- Local TV broadcasts are everywhere: though, big cities have the widest range of local TV broadcasts, over 99% can receive at least one local station and around 89% of them can get five or more stations; making it accessible more or less everywhere.
- OTA signals are free: Receiving OTA (Over The Air) channels is free. You only have to spend money on the Antenna and the cost of setting it up and you’ll be good.
- The excellent picture quality: Over The Air TV signal provide excellent picture quality unlike the cable and satellite providers who engage in data compression and other such means to provide you hundreds of channels.
However, not every antenna would be able to provide you with a great quality TV connection everywhere. The distance and direction from the TV station transmitters to your home are the two major factors that determine the reception quality. The transmitter’s power and the height of its tower also matter.
If you live within a few miles of the transmitter, and the signal path is relatively unobstructed, you may be able to get solid reception using a small indoor antenna but as you move farther away, getting a good and reliable signal strength becomes trickier. This is where careful HD antenna selection and installation become essential.
Best Omnidirectional TV Antenna
We would recommend you to go for Omnidirectional Antennas as they are a better way to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your transmitter’s signal and so the power gets radiated off equally in earth’s hemisphere.
Here are our best recommendations for Omnidirectional TV Antennas:
1. Tree New Bee Amplified Outdoor Omnidirectional TV Antenna
Tree New Bee Amplified HD Digital Outdoor HDTV Antenna 150 Miles Long Range with Motorized 360 Degree Rotation, UHF/VHF/FM Radio with Infrared Remote Control
- 150 Mile Range | Receive free digital High Definition TV broadcast signals. Supports Full HDTV: 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Reception: VHF/UHF/FM | Reception range: 150 miles | Dual TV Outputs | Easy Installation | High Sensitivity Reception | Built-in Super Low Noise Amplifier | Power : AC15V 300mA
- Working Frequency: VHF 40~300MHz | UHF 470~860MHz.
- Built-in 360 degree motor rotor with wireless remote controller for rotor included
- Weather resistant and can be used on the roof or in the attic
The Tree New Bee Amplified Outdoor Omnidirectional TV Antenna is extremely easy to set up and get started with, and it additionally incorporates a radio. The radio wire accompanies a large group of highlights, however in particular, it permits you to see a considerable amount of TV channels in HD resolution. The range you can expect is 150 miles, which is amazing.
The inherent noise-reduction feature is extraordinary, and a button lets you pivot the reception antenna by 360 degrees. Notwithstanding where its pointing, you’ll have incredible sign and extraordinary range, and setting it up is as simple as it gets. You get a straightforward guidance manual inside, making it very easy to get off-base.
However, the Tree New Bee Amplified Outdoor Omnidirectional TV Antenna has the absence of a remote. This is the reason it’s normally somewhat less expensive. In any case, with the implicit button that lets you control the receiving antenna’s direction, this isn’t a lot of an issue, to be completely forthright and is pretty simple to deal with, for the amount it’s worth.
- The Tree New Bee Amplified Outdoor Omnidirectional TV Antenna has a long 150-mile range making it pretty convenient and accessible more or less everywhere.
- Simple, one button operation making it very simple and easy to use.
- The built-in amplifier and the noise-reduction system stands out for itself.
- It’s economic to buy/
- No wire-less remote control for the direction of the Antenna.
2. BoostWaves Omnidirectional Outdoor Amplified HDTV Antenna
Boostwaves Amplified Digital Outdoor Indoor HDTV Antenna AR-163 UHF/VHF Far Range OTA Reception
- Includes Installation Kit: 20FT RG6 Cable - Wall Mounting Screws
- Super High Quality Outdoor Antenna for OTA TV Signals (Can also be used indoors)
- Built-in High Gain Powered Booster - VHF 20-25dB & UHG 25-30dB
The BoostWaves Omnidirectional Outdoor Amplified HDTV Antenna has an assortment of features, and the chances are it will be totally appropriate for you and your needs. You’re getting a waterproof receiving wire that is easy to introduce, and accompanies all that you need included in the case.
In any case, this is continually and persistently evaluated as one of the best omnidirectional reception antennas available, which says a lot. It bolsters a total 360-degree range, and you’ll have the option to get all the directs accessible in your region. It accompanies 50 feet of link in the case, and the range you’re getting is up to 125 miles.
The maker’s need was clearly strength and fabricate quality – the BoostWaves is manufactured like a tank, and performs outstandingly. Since security is another worry when introducing an open-air TV reception apparatus, establishment here is amazingly basic. You’ll be getting all the pieces, ties and link clicks that you have to introduce the receiving antenna. Also, the antenna is totally weatherproof, so awful climate shouldn’t essentially affect your signal gathering.
It’s nothing unexpected why this antenna was appraised so acceptable in the entirety of its audits. It’s constructed truly well, it’s tough, it’s easy to introduce, and it just works, and works quite well. The main downside it has that it covers a less range than most of the similar products available in the market today. The others have a scope of 150 miles, while this one just goes up to 125. In any case, 25 miles shouldn’t generally be a lot of an issue.
- The amazing build quality makes it long-lasting and durable.
- Being waterproof, it’s very consistent in bad weather too.
- Built in amplifier.
- Very easy to set up.
- It only covers a 125 miles radius.
3. ViewTV Amplified Omnidirectional TV Antenna
ViewTV UPGRADED 2020 Version Outdoor Amplified Digital HDTV Antenna - up to 150 Mile Range - Motorized 360° Rotation - New Wireless Remote Control - Free Mini Indoor Antenna
$34.99 in stock
- This outdoor TV antenna supports 2 televisions at the same time
- Enjoy unlimited access to a 4K 1080 P HDTV for high quality picture and sound
- This outdoor antenna is made from durable plastic and anodized aluminium
- Antenna uses waterproof materials to withstand even the harshest of weather condition
- No need for internet connection to make it work
The ViewTV enhanced TV antenna gives us a great scope of highlights and incredible quality, just as an extraordinary long-range signal from any pinnacle in your region. At the point when you’re searching with the expectation of free broadcast of HD signals, you have up to 150 miles of range with the ViewTV Amplified Omnidirectional Antenna.
It underpins 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolutions, accompanies a remote to make utilizing it simple, and is totally weatherproof. A fascinating expansion is the lightning-proofness of the antenna. With the ViewTV antenna, you can utilize two TVs on a similar line, and establishment is very basic in the event that you adhere to the guidelines. For better range, you can mount it on a post, and you can turn it 360 degrees, as it is advantageous for you. The programmed commotion decrease is another intriguing component which brings about a cleaner picture.
The main potential drawback to the ViewTV enhanced antenna is that there are a few (yet relatively few) makers that do exclude a force gracefully. Additionally, you may locate that a mounting shaft is excluded either, yet this is something you can without much of a stretch find in a nearby home improvement shop.
- It covers a long range of up to 150 miles radius.
- Wireless remote makes using it very easy.
- Built-in amplifier and noise-reduction systems.
- It is water and lightening proof making it suitable for all weather conditions.
- The mounting pole might not be included in the package at times.
- The power adapter might not be included in the package at times.
4. Antop UFO omnidirectional reception TV antenna
Outdoor Amplified HDTV Antenna, ANTOP UFO 360 ° Omni-directional Reception, 65 Mile Long Range High Gain TV Antenna for Attic Home RV TV with Built-in 4G LTE Filter, Waterproof, UV Coating
- 【NEW GENERATION DESIGN】Modern and upgraded outdoor antenna, the compact size reduces wind load, providing much better signal reliability on windy or rainy days. Anti-UV coating and waterproof/snowproof design allow shielding for minimum interference.
- 【SAVE ON INSTALLATION FEES】Tools-free and easier installation. Compared with big size traditional yagi antenna, this modern antenna is much easier to install by our included accessories.
- 【360°OMNI-DIRECTIONAL RECEPTION】 Receive signal from all directions, no need to rotate, no need the remote control as traditional huge outdoor antennas required to change the receiving direction for better signal. The receiving ability and materials are far better than Yagi antennas.
- 【UNIQUE TECHNICAL DESIGN】Exclusive Smartpass Amplifier technology allows switch On & Off to get Long & Short Range Reception. The built-in 4G LTE Filter can block all 3G and 4G signals from mobile phones, tablets, wireless networks to ensure your noise-free digital TV reception. High Gain reception technology, shielded for minimum interference.
- 【What You Receive】AT-414B UFO Smartpass Amplified Digital Outdoor/ Indoor (Attic) HD TV Antenna , AC/DC Power Adapter, Power Inserter with Smart Switch, Outdoor Bracket ,Mast Clamp Kits,33’ Coaxial Cable, Instruction/User Manual,30-day full refund, and 12-month warranty with friendly customer service.
Antop’s RV-prepared UFO omnidirectional gathering TV Antenna is the one that assists with taking free OTA signals on the off chance that you are in an RV. It very well may be mounted on the housetop of your home or on the engine board to show signs of improvement signals.
The establishment pack contains everything that is required for the procedure, the shaft is saved void for client’s decision, you can put it on one. You can introduce this model of antenna inside your home/vehicle too, yet the quality and amount of gathering signals are a lot higher when the radio wire is put on the high top i.e. outside.
The indoor introduced radio wires are anything but difficult to keep up. Awful climate conditions and other outer components may influence the nature of the signs from different channels. Antop UFO omnidirectional TV antenna is planned with brilliant pass intensifiers to help the signs from different channels. So top notch of video quality is acquired from different channels.
- Built-in amplifier
- Very easy to install.
- Compact size making it easy to mount the antenna anywhere.
- The waterproof/ snow proof design making the product suitable for all weather conditions.
- The price is very high and can dig holes in your pockets.
- No remote-control system.
5. Mohu Leaf 50 Omnidirectional Indoor TV Antenna
Mohu Leaf 50 TV Antenna Amplified 60 Mile Range MH-110584
1 used from $50.00
- Watch free HDTV for life. Receive TV signals 60-miles from the broadcast towers in full 1080 HD without a cable or satellite subscription including ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, Fox, Univision, and many more.
- UHF/Hi-VHF multi-directional elements are reversible and designed to blend with your home decor. Hang on your wall or in a window for the best performance. Obstructions unrelated to products performance can affect reception. Every location is unique in terms of local terrain, foliage, and where the antenna is installed may affect your TV signals.
- The included 16 ft. detachable coaxial cable, hooks & loop tabs and push pins allows for easy installation and is perfect for city and suburban homes, dorm rooms, workshops, RVs…take this efficient antenna just about anywhere you go.
- Amplified by Jolt Clean Peak filter technology with 15dB gain and a low-noise figure to filter out cellular and FM signals and amplify the TV signals you need for a clearer picture and access to more free TV channels.
Appreciate free HD OTA programs with Mohu’s Leaf 50, an advancement in the TV reception apparatus industry. This subtle antenna utilizes US military innovation and Mohu’s protected clamour separating innovation to convey perfectly clear gathering from channels inside a 50-mile range. Its incorporated intensifier adds 15dB of sign addition to all TV channels inside its range and sift through FM and cell impedances.
Mohu is a pioneer with regards to creating paper-flimsy omnidirectional indoor TV reception apparatuses. Leaf 50 is Mohu’s enhanced variant of Leaf 30, the world’s first paper-slim reception apparatus. It estimates 1.5 x 12 x 12.5 inches and is anything but difficult to introduce with pins and a Velcro connection, which you will discover in the crate. The outside of the reception apparatus is white, yet it very well may be covered up to coordinate your stylistic theme and existing indoor paint.
Like all omnidirectional TV radio wires, Leaf 50 gets signals from all headings. For ideal indoor execution, notwithstanding, we suggest staying it on your glass window confronting the general heading of your most ideal channel towers. Mood killer or expel electronic gadgets, for example, Wi-Fi switches and games comforts, close to your TV since they altogether influence the signs that your antenna receives.
Incidentally, while Leaf 50 is viewed as an indoor antenna, it very well may be introduced level on your outside divider, close to the housetop. That way it will get up to double the quantity of channels it does when mounted inside.
- You can set it up indoors.
- It’s very sleek and compact and can fit anywhere.
- Uses US military technology.
- You can paint it in accordance to your home décor.
- It covers only a 50 miles radius.
- No remote control set up.
Now that you’ve gone through our best picks, you must be wondering what are the decisive factors to make the required purchase for the Omnidirectional TV Antenna. Here’s our curated buyer’s guide on what to look out for:
Here are the major factors to keep in your mind while buying the antenna:
- Reception Range
The picture quality even in the best antennas vary on the reception range. Make sure the antenna covers up the required area from the signal provider to your home to receive a better signal. A few antennas provide a 150 miles radius range but however you can also install a 50 miles’ radius range one indoors and get a solid connection if the transmitting towers are near your place.
Usually, the omnidirectional antennas receive two types of bands: UHF and VHF. The best outdoor TV antennas are equipped with dual-band reception giving you more channel options to watch in HD and 4K depending on the specs of the antenna. Know more about the UHF and VHF and make the choice wisely according to your needs.
A few omnidirectional TV antennas are of an economic range and may lie within your budget, you don’t have to go out of your way and buy something you can’t afford to pay. Don’t dig holes in your pockets and spend a bizarre amount of money and buy a decent product which fulfils your needs.
There are a lot of waves being transmitted on air and sometimes these waves collide and interfere with themselves. These antennas are designed to receive UHF and VHF signals from broadcast towers. The transmission of these signals may be interfered with by 4G and 3G mobile networks causing the antennas to have challenges in identifying signals for various channels. The best omnidirectional outdoor antennas have 4G filters and a built-in pre-amplifier. The 4G filter removes the interference from mobile network signals while the pre-amplifier makes the signal clearer offering clear FHD or 4K transmission on the TV. So, go for a pre-installed noise cancellation set up.
- Installation and set up
The best omnidirectional antennas are easy to install and setup and get started with. Most of them are built with a DIY design that makes it easy for you to install them in minutes either on walls, poles, masts, or wherever you believe it would receive the signals uninterrupted from all directions. You don’t need to pay experts for installation processes when you are buying the best omnidirectional outdoor TV antennas.
With the soaring prices of cable, opting out of it is one of the most common and wise choices in the present times. However, if you still want access to TV, you can install an antenna and get the free broadcasted channels. An omnidirectional antenna is more like the best way to go with for the product types.
Especially now that you have our shopper’s guide and a list of what we think are the best Omnidirectional antennas available in the market, the choice-making part shouldn’t be that hard now. Just consider the above factors and buy something which gets each of your penny’s worth.