At first, when the television was invented it was black and white with antennas connected to it. These antennas used to receive signals from the broadcasting channels towers and then showed all the shows and movies on the television. These were then started to be used in every house and also in many shops.
Although these antennas provided a good service to all the people at that time, the time that they had to invest in adjusting the antenna to receive a good connection was tiresome to many and soon the new and easy method of receiving channels on your television came into the market that was the cable connection.
These new cable connections seemed to be very effective and did not need any attention after it has been installed in your house and connected with your television. This generally works with the help of wire and internet that picks up the signal from the broadcaster and then is sent to the modem that is inside the customer’s house and connected to the television.
- Channels: It doesn’t really matter which option you are going to take to watch shows on your television. The antennas and the cable provide the same channels to each of their customers. So if you are thinking that you will miss out on anything if you take one and discard the other than it’s wrong to think so. All the channels that are available on the antennas will also be available on the cable.
- Bundled Services: Both the cable as well as the antenna companies provide their customers with some bundled services. These services are actually the services provided by the partners of the cable or antenna companies for any other television set, internet services, and phones all of which is included and comes at a very low price.
- Customer Services: Both the antenna and cable connections flourish at this particular aspect. The customer’s services provided by the antenna and cable companies are very efficient and all the complaints registered by the customers are always solved without any complications.
- Equipments: In this area the cable companies have a bit of an edge over the antenna companies because a lot of equipment is required to make the antenna get the proper connection with the broadcasters of the channels while the cable does not require any extra types of equipment or machines for it to display the channels on your television it only requires to be connected with the customers television.
- Availability: In this area, the antenna has a very big advantage over the cable companies because the cable companies can only provide to the customers who fall under the radius of the cable companies and are within the reach of the company in accordance to their infrastructure. But on the other hand, the antennas can be installed in any given place or area according to the preference of the customer and still give the customers a good picture quality and connection.
- Quality: In this area, there is no clear winner because if the customer’s television is with the radius of the cable company then there is not a lot of difference in the quality of picture and sound. But if it extends from that radius that the company provides then it starts to differ and many show a bit of downgrade to the quality of the picture and sound. On the other hand, the antenna doesn’t show any of these problems anywhere until and unless it has been installed properly and kept in a place of a good connection.
Each of the above-mentioned topics can be helpful to customers all around the world. A majority of the people still use antennas because no cable company is available there and there are some who use cable connections because they don’t want to go into the hassle of finding the perfect spot for the antenna to receive the best connection. So like every other device both the cable TV and TV antenna has its own advantages and disadvantages.